Tuesday 22 November 2016

Farewell to White Gables ducks


I found a place to re-home the ducks, they will live only 5 minutes or so drive away in a fox-proofed area within 6 acres, along with 4 very large dogs and some chickens and wild ducks who occasionally breed their young there.

All 13 went off to their new home this morning, it wasn't easy catching them even with the help of new owners Melanie and Roger  -  and I fell into the pond, yes, properly!  I hadn't really needed another shower.  I stepped on the beam not realising it had rotted through:


Both groups of ducks were well upset because I had shut the gate and stopped them from their normal mornings' activities, as were the pheasants who are also used to the gate being open.



                                         



                                                                 



To finish for today a few photos from several days ago, of a visiting jay, and of some of my birthday flowers which stayed fresh for a long time.








 


 





1 comment: