Wednesday 28 September 2016

Autumn

My two younger granddaughters have started university, Eleanor in Manchester and Sarah at Essex, both with warm blankets from Omi/Mama, while the two elder ones are job hunting.



  


I've not been well the past week but was much better yesterday and did some tidying up in greenhouse and conservatory and finished the day picking tomatoes and grapes.




  
Look what a difference a year can make, the little photo on the left was posted on
28th September 2015, everything's gone - well - "bananas" in there!


Last Thursday 22nd tree surgeons came and made light at the back of my neighbours' fencing, "before" (August last year) and "after" (last Friday) photos below. 

 


                
           My neighbour's chocolate labrador "Brian" was keen to find out what was going on!

The sky last night looked spectacular at about 10 past 7 when the ducks were having their last little forage in the field before bedtime, can you see them in the photo below?





After my much loved Sparmannia Africana (a treasured gift from Gerd and Maria) had died I was lucky to receive one as a Christmas present from Carl and Val - and I'm so happy it's flowering now:


1 comment: