Tuesday 20 September 2016

littleuns and biguns

On 3rd September I wrote:

I noticed through the kitchen window that it does not take long for the Calls to be driven back through the gate when they have ventured too far for the runners' liking.

This little game continues every day with the call ducks getting more and more adventurous.


You can see that Jay can't bear looking on any longer and makes his move to drive them off.


It appears that this is considered to be a "safe" distance between the two groups.

No, this situation doesn't last long, the little ones are determined to explore their greater environment:















The "police" is coming up in the shape of Ben who has now got Jay as back-up/front runner:



JOB DONE!


 
Many years ago a "duck" friend in Luxembourg sent me a cutting of her 'Bignonia' as she called it.  It took me some time to find out that it was a Campsis, and this year it flowered for the very first time!

This is a picture of the magnificent dahlia I forgot to insert into a previous posting, it is one of those friend Graham forgot in the sack of shreddings he gave me for the ducks.


My 6 "big ones" have enthusiastically shredded all the water lilies Carl threw in after the fish pond clean-up.  It's a bit worrying to see the water level going down again as well as the tub with the flag irises tilting over once more, the small picture on the right was taken in May.

Very distressing to me is seeing how bad my "formal" bit of garden looks, attention is urgently needed.


In this 'stitched' photo you can see Ollie coming round the corner of the box hedging. It is the only one I have of Ollie and Annie's week-long visit 7th - 14th of this month, but Annie took this lovely one of Ollie and me returning from the morning's walk:








No comments:

Post a Comment