Tuesday 4 October 2016

Very ducky

The mini ducks are getting bolder all the time, venturing ever further afield.  For the last week or so I've been having endless trouble getting them off the little pond at bed time. Just like my friend Mike Ashton told me when I was contemplating keeping call ducks with my runners, "they won't want to leave the pond".  That's the first thing they head for in the morning, never mind breakfast!

Pato, the handicapped, hand-reared Aylesbury, could always be heard squeaking and complaining loudly while in the hut with the minis, there always seemed to be arguments going on at night and also in the mornings before I opened the door.  So I bought Pato her own little apartment, a small kennel or hutch.  It arrived flat-packed and I assembled it on the kitchen table, here are some photos:






















You may have noticed that the paddle pool has gone.  There seemed no need for it any longer as the minis were spending all their time in the little pond and Pato could get into it, but not out again.  So I'm busy filling in the hole again as well as tearing out a jungle of nettles before I mow the area.

                                       




To finish a few photos from a very wet Monday, 3rd October - the Virginia Creeper on the garage looks a good colour at present.

 


The minis have discovered the baby pool I bought for Dotty after she'd broken her leg.  I'll take a better photo next time.















No comments:

Post a Comment