Sunday 3 July 2016

Vera gone ..... and call ducks out and about

Just when I thought I'd brought my little flock safely through the most dangerous months in the year, May and June, Vera, one of the brown "twins", disappeared without trace on Friday 1st July.  You can see why I don't want to hatch any more, I never know when the foxes strike.
                                                Vera on the right, leading the troop


This is Pato, the hand-reared Aylesbury who came with the 6 Call Ducks.  I was told she had a set-to with a fox and now she can't walk properly, she keeps tripping herself up.



Because it was a lovely day quite without rain I celebrated by letting the Call ducks out of their small enclosure and they went into the little pond for the first time, they loved it!

 

















Late afternoon Carl and family came and brought everything for a fabulous barbecue, I've had such a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment