Wednesday 29 June 2016

Mud, glorious mud!

It's chucking it down outside, which is why I'm sitting at the computer ...

Call ducks may be small and very cute, but they're as brilliant as my runners are at converting a patch of ground into a morass!  I had slipped many times in their little run yesterday not knowing how to keep my footing in all that mud, so I hit upon the idea of putting old towels all around their newly emptied and re-filled pool if only to provide some sure footing  -  they did not like it.  They took one look at the sea of towels and immediately went back into their hut.

Having gathered themselves they came out again, very cautiously, and trooped behind the hut to an uncovered and totally muddy patch of ground.  I left them to it ...







Yesterday I sent my lovely niece Susi, who cares very much for hedgehogs, 
this knitted one.  I do hope she likes it!
_______________________________________________________________

She loved it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment