Saturday 16 July 2016

catch-up in pictures - mostly


 
My darling brother thought it would be a shame for me to go without much loved pink peonies and managed to track some down for me.  They arrived on Tuesday 12.7.16 morning, and as you can see from the photo below which I took last night they're looking fab in my front room:

It's been quite a busy week for me again with many visitors and heavy gardening work, so today I've been having a rest day and watched Davis Cup doubles.

Last Sunday night I took charge of two cute little bunnies (which proved very difficult to recapture and return to their cage once let out).  They were collected on Wednesday evening to go to their new home.




On Tuesday the Edwards family dog Alfie arrived.  They had gone to Emm's graduation in Southampton:

Alfie had a fabulous time at White Gables until yesterday evening, running miles, swimming in ponds, fetching and chewing sticks, stealing balls out of neighbours' gardens - and being absolutely fascinated with rabbits.  He chased some out in the wilds, and the two in the conservatory he found difficult to leave alone, insisting they were still hiding among my plants long after they'd gone!







After I had let the little Call ducks into the wider area of the duck run in the afternoons they were so thrilled they couldn't wait to be let out into it and queued up impatiently on their side of the fencing:







I have enlarged their fenced area since then.

Pato, the handicapped Aylesbury, still manages to find her way into the small nesting box and get out again by herself.















My 6 runners are still not happy about their new neighbours, but it's quiet in the duck run 95% of the time!  The two photos above show after breakfast activity, when they're waiting for either Dash or Caramel to finish trying to nest/lay eggs outside.


Now for some more photos of Alfie on Thursday enjoying himself and finally a bunch of blooms in the garden giving me pleasure.






















No comments:

Post a Comment