Wednesday 20 July 2016

Pato having a splashing time





There's an uneasy truce between my two groups of ducks, they avoid each other apart from occasional raids on the newcomers by my two runner boys.  When I hear the call ducks screaming blue murder I know that Jay has gone in to get hold of poor Pato in the muddy paddle pool. I've caught him at it three times so far and had to put a little fence up again to protect Pato.







All's peaceful with the call ducks nestled in the greenery, then my 6 thugs come in and the little ones run away screaming:


Note the muddy pool; it was totally emptied and swept last night and filled with fresh water this morning!


It's not been a bad week so far, when the mower broke down on Monday just as I was finishing the field, Graham came over, identified the problem [a slack tensioning spring], fixed it at home and tested it yesterday by mowing every area that still needed it.  Shortly after he and Pat had gone home Carl came with the newly ordered ignition coil for the big strimmer [he had identified that problem on Saturday] and got it going again.

The 116 pdf pages I had sent into our wonderful printers for the re-print of our "Memories of Coleorton" book late on Sunday night were proof printed and delivered for checking this morning.

After three weeks of treatment by a Pest Control Officer from the NWL District Council the rat plague seems to be abating, although there was a dead one floating in the little pond in the duck run.  I had intended to empty the green water anyway and got going in spite of the heat [I stayed indoors in the cool all day yesterday!].

The cleaning out didn't take too long, soon the pond was filling up again. When the pond was nearly full I thought I'd let Pato into that nice fresh water as she'd known nothing but the little muddy pool, and WOW, did she enjoy it!

                                   







              And she even managed to get out again all by herself with her poorly feet.

The forecast storm arrived just after 5 pm, it is lashing it down outside at the moment and gives me a chance to write a little blog entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment