Saturday 7 May 2016

Rain stopped play

We've had the most wonderful summer weather since May Bank Holiday Monday with sunshine and high temperatures ..... which this afternoon at 5 resulted in an almighty thunderstorm with huge downpours of rain. 

I've been tackling the area behind the rhubarb and strawberry beds, and for the last three days have been getting filthy black and smelly emptying the big pond until rain stopped play just after 5 this afternoon.  Clean water has been running in again since quarter past - the plentiful rain will have helped!

I hope the photos below will be self-explanatory:


















 I found holes in the pond liner, at last.  I've put patches on and hope the water level will stay up.








Gertie is broody again, she sulks and keeps herself separate when I've chased her off the eggs.





 Shut into their enclosure at 6 - I worry about foxes in May .....

No comments:

Post a Comment