Sunday 8 May 2016

PS on Sunday

I went to check up on the water level this morning before letting the ducks out





I was somewhat disturbed to see these hen pheasant feathers, not sure if someone from the skies got it or a fox.





 



























Late this afternoon I checked on the water level again, GREAT! I hope it doesn't go down again after I patched some holes.



I found this photo from 25th October 2003 when this pond was made.  I had forgotten the liner was blue.
The pond was full but the ducks were in the field.


Annie, the copper beech on the left is the one over Hamish.

You may have noticed that there were only six in all the duck pictures, Gertie wasn't with them again. So I set off to find her and saw another few feathers in the formal garden bit.  Now friend Graham had done a lot of mowing for me yesterday, therefore that hen pheasant was killed early this morning.  And if it was attacked from the air, surely all the feathers would have been in one place?  Because I had seen fox poo right outside the ducks' run 2 days before I shut my little flock in again around 7.




 
Things are blooming in the greenhouse.......



....... and in the conservatory:




 I found Gertie in the hut, she hissed at me and complained loudly when I chased her out.









































No comments:

Post a Comment