Tuesday 12 April 2016

lots of flowers



The skip was collected yesterday, Monday 11th.  The patch where it stood will soon green over again.







This collection of knitted and crocheted patches arrived in the post unexpectedly from a knitting group in the North of England.  I made it into two blankets [not the purple one in the top right photo, that's for one of the Edwards girls] and added a teddy and a cat to sleep on them. They're on their way to Knit for Peace now.






This Viburnum fills the air with an incredibly sweet scent every early Spring, more powerful than that of hyacinths

Spring blooms are everywhere at the moment:


The Forsythia that was a "ball" and I shaped into
an umbrella last year has opened out nicely.






The Forsythia at the back of the house has spread all over the tall birch and the lilac next to it.

My sore heel is still preventing me from going for walks with the Moira group, but I did meet them for lunch at the Sunnyside Garden Centre in Ibstock.
And what do you do when you are in a garden centre ....... 'cause you do! I bought and planted these:






This is a Helichrysum, I never had one of these before.

















Alan and Frances, a word of thanks to you now as I finally got around to treating myself to something lovely using the gift garden voucher from you two.  There were two candidates for it I found at the garden centre, this Acer [I never had one of those before either] and a Viticella clematis.  I messed up the photo of the clematis, so I'll say that this lovely acer is from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment