Thursday 12 June 2014

Pictures from Tuesday and Wednesday

John managed to strim the tall grass in the orchard, he did it over two days.





I did some heavy clearance between our drive and the duck shed, also over two days, because we'd seen a couple of rats the week before, the first in a long time.  Rat poison is down, but they're not gone yet, I saw a small rat in the girls' enclosure tonight.






I didn't take a photo before I started clearing, but the main three elements were the huge sandbag, a pile of tree trunk cuttings on two pallets and a load of branches as in the three small pictures above - only huge nettles and grasses had grown all around and through that lot, it was tough work!

On Tuesday evening this pretty little visitor came into our garden:





I rang next door to ask if they had a rabbit they'd lost.  Yes, they had, and they weren't worried about it scampering elsewhere as it had always come back home.
It had a lovely time nibbling clover and looking very much at home, I could still see it sitting upright next to our car at 20 past 10 at night, and it was all over our garden the next day too.

I haven't seen it at all today, they must have given it house arrest :-) :-)

I put the strawberry frame together [a joint present for John from the "kids"] and the netting over it, and this evening I moved the net for the first time and picked a colander full of berries:




Wednesday, yesterday, our friend Brian came and mowed the field.  Because I had a complaint last year that I'd only taken "after", no "before" photos I made sure of taking both this year.  Michael, this is for you:














No comments:

Post a Comment